The mission of marqaati is to root out corruption in Somalia’s local and federal governments by promoting transparency, integrity, and accountability at all levels of power. Our core values are: democracy, accountability, transparency, integrity, courage, and justice.
We envision a Somalia where corruption in government is not tolerated and is non-existent; corrupt officials are dismissed and barred from government; and citizens are aware of their rights and are free to voice their opinions without fear of government reprisals.
Our steering principles
- We will work with all groups that work to fight corruption, both national and international.
- We will be politically non-partisan and non-clannish in our work.
- We will condemn all forms of corruption wherever reliably identified.
- We will take positions based on objective and professional analysis.
- We will not accept funding that does not allow us to address issues freely.
- We will provide timely and accurate reports to our stakeholders.
- We will respect and encourage respect for fundamental human rights and freedom.